Into My Mind

Monday, September 05, 2005

........Kanye has cajones!................

So, for those of you who didn't catch NBC's telethon for the refugees of the Katrina Hurricane or has chosen to not watch any television for the past couple of days, Mr. West made some pretty bold statements concerning, Bush and the media's portrayl of black Americans. Honestly, I don't think it was a great time to rant but I will hand it to him he has cajones for doing it!

Although I don't agree his closing statement where he said that "George Bush doesn't care about black people" Correction, he only cares about people that can help move forward in his political career. Did anyone else notice that Katrina hit the red states the ones that helped Bush win the election??? I'm assuming that a lot of the people that voted for him though that he would take care of this country and its people whether it be through a terrorist attack or a natural disaster and sadly, the latter has proven to be wrong. Because unlike 9/11 it took DAYS for this administration to handle this situation and everyone knew that this bitch Katrina was a coming! Maybe, this administration (much like its supporters) don't believe in any scientific information whatsoever.


Many innocent lives have been lost and the death toll will raise and why? Because this country's leader was on vacation and like before did not prepare for this foreshadowed event ahead of time. Great going George!

Kanye and I agree on another point as well. The media portrayl of miniorities is biased and racist. I doubt that only "black people" are the only ones that are looting and misbehaving. Although I won't go into this, since I already covered this in an previous entry titled "Only the Beautiful Matter". Yes, it is pretty fucked up that blacks are portrayed in such a negative light during this horrible tragedy.

Mr. West was obvisouly ignoring the teleprompter because he was not as eloquent as he usually is. But I bet you a billion dollars that he is not the only one that thinks and feels that way. So, for that I commend him.

Now, I just hope that the cities and towns affected will be able to rebuild, reunite and move on. My heart goes out to them because like many times before our leader has broken another promise and many, many innocent lives have been lost because of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home