Into My Mind

Monday, April 18, 2005

.....................The Boss is Bitching.............................

So, as many baseball fans have probably already heard, George Steinbrenner(the Yankees owner) is sooo not pleased with his firm's, (that right, I said firm) losing streak. Here's the statement he released.

"Enough is enough. I am bitterly disappointed as I'm sure all Yankee fans are by the lack of performance by our team.It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk. They are not playing like true Yankees. They have the talent to win and they are not winning. I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff and the team to turn this around."


Yeesh, if that isn't pressure, then I don't know what is! It's only twelve games, as Cheri Oteri would say "Simmah down now!" The baseball season is a marathon not a sprint, or as I like to say pre-foreplay. I will admit, he has spent a disgusting amount of money on this firm and they haven't brought home a championship in four years. Maybe, just maybe, he should have renewed his contract. That's right people, "The Boss" has not renewed his contract with the horned God aka Satan. What else can explain they're lack of rings in the new millennium??

This is a team, I mean firm, of All-Stars! Perhaps, George should realize that maybe money can't buy everything. Yes, this firm is very talented but they're also aging and he "The Boss" screwed himself over by signing them to such large and lengthy contracts. Then again, he chose to do so.

Honestly, I'm not that worried because the Yankees always find some way to make it to the playoffs. They managed to do so last year, even with the horrific pitching they had. So, George can bitch all he wants, but everyone knows that the Yanks will be the postseason, along with my dear idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home