Into My Mind

Friday, March 26, 2004

........Close is too close enough......
It's been about two years since I've had a guy friend and I'm actually content with that. The last guy that I was friends with burned me and I definitely changed my outlook on relationshsips in general. I don't want to get close to any guy in general because of my last co-ed friendship. I'm honestly not ready and willing yet to open myself up. The only way I can protect myself from getting hurt again is to not let anyone get too close to me. Guys are the last thing on my mind right now. I'm not going to pursue any relationships for now. If I'm meant to be with someone then it'll happen but if I'm not then I'm ok with that. I believe that in order to live a fulfilling life that we all have to have some form of love not necessarily the romantic kind. This is how I feel, I'm not saying anyone has to agree with me but just respect and accept it. Plus, I'm so stubborn and I hate when people to change my mind. It's pointless because I won't back down.

My take on love and relationships has changed. I truly believe that when two people love each other they either make it work or they don't. Soulmates is something I just can't buy because I've heard so many say that they'be met their soulmates yet they either break up or divorce. I don't believe in the fairytale because reality isn't as romantic as the fake fairytale. Reality is what we have to deal with and also, nothing is perfect especially relationships. Love at first sight, personally, I don't believe it because usually a person loves their significant other because of his/her generosity or their kindness and you can't know that by just looking at their appearance. Love at first conversation is an entirely different situation. At least you get to know the person and how their personality is. This is just my realist way of thinking. I gotta go for now. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home