Into My Mind

Friday, March 26, 2004

...Conitnued.....


I had to cut that last entry short because time was running out. I'm just going to continue on with my ramblings about my writing.

I'm still ignoring "Only A Game" which I feel bad about but at the same time I don't because we haven't really developed the plot and characters enough to start a rough draft. Phea is always out so I can't really consult her when I need to. I know that movie will be more of a supernatural thriller. We're going to try to scare people psychologically, so it'll stay with them. There's going to be a lot of dsiturbing images so we're pushing for an R rating. But I will definitely try to work on it during my independent study with Karibian next quarter.

For those of you who haven't seen the film, it came out June 7, 1985 and stars Sean Astin, Josh Brolin and of course Corey Feldman. The film has a large cast so I really don't want to name everyone. Goonies is about a group of teens trying to save their home (The Goon docks) from becoming a golf course. So, they go on a adventure to get One-Eyed Willy's treasure (he was a legendary pirate) and while doing so they're being chased by a family of criminals the Fratellis. It's comedy, action and there's little romance.

I've been basically giving all my attention to "Goonies 2". I heard that there have been five to six scripts and none of them have been really up to par. Personally, I really want this sequel to get made and I want it to be about the original Goonies and not about their kids. I told Phea this and we decided to write the script ourselves since we're hardcore fans and all. I watch the special edition DVD once every other week. Of course, I've been doing the all writing, which I don't mind. Currently, I'm halfway through the first act. It is posted online but I can't find the link. The feedback that I've gotten has been positive and I take it to heart because I've only let fellow Goonie fans read it.

I'm so petrified of ruining the movie because it's such a classic. I know that I can't match the humor and heart of the original like Chris Columbous and Spielberg did. I'm just trying to put my own spin on it. Unlike the supposed premises that I've heard, not all the Goonies have kids in my script. The plot is centered around them and not their children. The prologue is little homage to the original but I like it I don't know if the fans will. And not all of them are married, like Data is single but is the object of someone's affection. One couple is divorced and two are married. The reason behind the reunion is because it's Brand birthday. The adventure takes off from there and the major difference is that there is more at stake for our beloved Goonies. Hell, I'm already picking out the actors for the characters that I've created. Jennifer Anistion and Megan Mullaly are are just two actors that I have in mind. God, I'm so much of a dork that I listen to "Goonies R' Good Enough" by Cyndi Lauper as I write it! I will admit it, it inspires me greatly. Hopefully, I'll finish the script soon enough so that it can be bought, made and released by summer 2005! I'm so tired, I'm going to sleep in a few, night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home